Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Position - Olathe, KS
Soliant is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team near Olathe, KS. This is a school-based position, and the successful candidate will work closely with students to improve their speech and language skills. This position is for the full upcoming school year.
- Full -time
- Full upcoming school year
- Multiple openings, varying caseloads
- Conduct speech and language assessments to identify students' strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on each student's individual needs and goals
- School-based or pediatric experience preferred but not required
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions to improve articulation, language comprehension, and communication skills
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care for each student
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of therapy sessions, progress reports, and treatment plans
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops to stay informed of the latest therapy techniques and best practices
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- Active State Speech-Language Pathology License
- Previous school-based or pediatric experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of treatment approaches and modalities, including AAC, PROMPT, and social communication interventions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, teachers, and parents
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks
Working as a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) can offer several advantages. Here are some key benefits:
Impacting Children's Lives: School-based SLPs have the opportunity to make a significant impact on children's lives by helping them overcome speech, language, and communication difficulties. You can play a vital role in improving their academic, social, and emotional development.
Regular Schedule: School-based SLPs typically work on a fixed schedule aligned with the school year, allowing for predictable work hours. This consistency can be beneficial for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Variety of Caseloads: School-based SLPs work with a diverse range of students, each with unique communication needs. This variety provides a rich and rewarding professional experience, as you get to work with children of different ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
School Holidays and Summers Off: One notable advantage of working in a school setting is the alignment with the academic calendar. School-based SLPs typically enjoy holidays and summer vacations, which can provide valuable time for personal pursuits, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
Continuity of Care: In a school-based setting, SLPs have the advantage of continuous contact with students over an extended period. This allows for long-term assessment, intervention, and progress monitoring, ensuring a holistic and consistent approach to therapy.
Professional Support Network: Schools often offer a supportive network of colleagues, including other SLPs, special educators, and related service providers. This network provides opportunities for collaboration, mentorship, and sharing best practices.
Advantages can vary depending on the specific school, district, and individual circumstances. Please reach out for more details on this specific opening! To be considered for this opportunity, kindly forward your resume to [email protected]. Interviews are presently being scheduled, so if you're interested, we encourage you to apply without delay!
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLP Jobs
- Belle Plaine, KSSpeech-Language Pathologist Elementary Location (1 site) Are you a passionate Speech Language Pathologist seeking a fulfilling opportunity to contribute to the success of students in the Belle Plaine area? Join our team through Soliant Health, a reputable company with over 30 years of experience in partnering with school districts to place exceptional special education staff members. Apply or email [email protected] for immediate consid
- Newton, KSSoliant Health is seeking a dedicated Speech Language Pathologist who is interested in working for a school district near Newton, KS. In this role, the SLP will be providing services for school age students ranging from grades K-12. Please see job details below. Job Description & Requirements: ASAP- End Of School Year Previous school experience preferred, but not required Must have active or pending state SLP license ASHA certification
- Kansas City, KSSoliant Health is seeking a dedicated virtual Speech Language Pathologist who is interested in working for a school district near Kansas City, KS. In this role, the SLP will be providing services for school age students ranging from grades K-12. Please see job details below. Job Description & Requirements: ASAP- End of School Year Previous school experience preferred, but not required Must have active or pending state SLP license ASHA cer
- Lawrence, KSElevate Communication: Join Us as a School SLP near Lawrence, Kansas! Calling all Speech-Language Pathologists with a passion for nurturing communication skills! Are you ready to be the driving force behind students' success stories? Join our team and make a lasting impact on their lives. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist Location: Lawrence, KS and Surrounding Areas Why Choose Us? Amplify Voices: Play a crucial role in empoweri
- Gardner, KSAre you a passionate Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) seeking a rewarding full-time position in Gardner, KS? Look no further! Join our dedicated team and make a positive impact on the lives of students. Position Details: Location: Gardner, KS Employment Type: Full-Time License: KS SLP License required Compensation: Hourly Pay: $38.00 - $43.50+ per hour Payment Frequency: Weekly
- Wichita, KSRemote Speech Language Pathologist in Kansas! Soliant Health is seeking a dedicated Speech Language Pathologist contractor who is interested in working virtually for a school district located in the state of Kansas. In this role, the SLP will be providing remote services for school age students ranging from grades K-12. Please see job details below. Job Description & Requirements: 2023-2024 School Year Full and part time availability Pr
- Wellington, KSElevate Communication: Join Us as a School SLP near Wellington, Kansas! Calling all Speech-Language Pathologists with a passion for nurturing communication skills! Are you ready to be the driving force behind students' success stories? Join our team and make a lasting impact on their lives. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist Location: Wellington, KS and Surrounding Areas Why Choose Us? Amplify Voices: Play a crucial role in emp
- Kansas City, KSJob Posting: School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) - Kansas City, Kansas! Are you a compassionate and skilled Speech-Language Pathologist seeking an impactful career in education? We are currently searching for a dedicated School SLP to join our team and make a positive difference in the communication abilities and lives of students near Kansas City, KS and the surrounding areas. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Location
- Wichita, KSSpeech Therapist (SLP) – Remote/Virtual Position – Interviewing for Kansas Vocovision is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Licensed and Certified in Kansas. We have partnered with school districts across the state to ensure that regardless of location, every student has access to leading health professionals using our innovative teletherapy platform. With our clinical and technical training, we equip therapists to help childre
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLPJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next speech therapy job.