Seeking School Speech Language Pathologist
This employee is responsible for organizing and implementing a therapy program to meet the needs of speech, language and hearing impaired students and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
a. Designing the exceptional student education program so that it is consistent with the total educational philosophy of the district.
b. Continuing professional growth through educational meetings, visiting related facilities, reading professional literature, and exchanging ideas among the district staff.
c. Working in coordination with other ESE teachers in planning and developing the program.
a. Preparing educational plans annually for each student based on individually assessed needs in accordance with district procedures.
b. Conducting grade-wide hearing screenings once a year in grades stipulated in the District Procedures for Exceptional Student Education.
c. Preparing therapy plans for each student.
d. Providing appropriate schedules for exceptional students involving school personnel as required.
conducting speech and language screening once a year for all kindergarten students and all students not previously enrolled in school.
f.Seeking a variety of services through community resources and agencies to meet the needs of exceptional students.
g.Participating in the in-school staffing and screening processes as appropriate. h.Participating on evaluation teams for speech, language, and hearing impaired students as appropriate.
i.Screening all ESE candidates for hearing loss.
j. Providing speech and/or hearing screening tests for all students referred by the in-school staffing committee.
providing diagnostic/evaluation testing for students failing speech screening.
a. Cooperating with school personnel in coordinating ESE services within that school.
b. Developing and conducting an in-service program to inform classroom teacher of the goals and objectives of the ESE program and ways of achieving them in the school setting.
c.Conferring with the classroom teacher as requested concerning any educational needs of the student.
d.Making available to teachers instructional ideas that are appropriate for exceptional students within the classroom situation.
providing information to community groups and parents concerning ESE programs as requested or needed.
f. Coordinating and providing news releases through the immediate supervisor for local news media as needed.
a. Ensuring that each student in the program has necessary evaluation records in his/her permanent folder.
b. Furnishing the principal with current exceptional student schedules.
c. Completing progress reports on each student in the program.
d. Supplying progress reports to school personnel and to parents of exceptional students as necessary and requested.
e.Completing appropriate reports for local, state, federal and educational agencies.
f. Referring those students who require further evaluation or follow-up services to the appropriate school personnel or community agencies.
2.Valid Oregon certification in field
1.Certificate of clinical competence (ASHA).
2.Experience in public schools preferred, not required
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Weekly Paycheck
- Travel Assistance
If interested, please email resume to [email protected]
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLP Jobs
- Hood River, ORElevate Communication and Inspire Progress: Join Us as a School SLP in Hood River, Oregon and Beyond! Calling all passionate Speech-Language Pathologists ready to make a difference! Your opportunity has arrived. Soliant is seeking an exceptional SLP to ignite change and nurture lasting growth in our esteemed school district in Hood River, OR and its nearby areas. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist Location: Hood River, OR and Nearby
- Beaverton, ORExciting Opportunity for a School Speech-Language Pathologist near Beaverton, Oregon! Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Location: Beaverton, Oregon Contact: [email protected] Empower Student Voices: Are you a dedicated and compassionate Speech-Language Pathologist? Join our team in Beaverton, OR, and help students find their voices while making a positive impact on their communication skills. Position Overview: As an
- Portland, ORElevate Communication: Join Us as a School SLP near Portland, Oregon! Calling all Speech-Language Pathologists with a passion for nurturing communication skills! Are you ready to be the driving force behind students' success stories? Join our team and make a lasting impact on their lives. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist Location: Portland, Oregon and Surrounding Areas Why Choose Us? Amplify Voices: Play a crucial role in emp
- Forest Grove, ORElevate Student Voices: School Speech-Language Pathologist Wanted near Forest Grove, Oregon! Ready to be the guiding voice of communication skills? Join Soliant near charming Forest Grove, OR, and neighboring areas. Empower students through effective speech-language support in a dynamic educational environment. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Location: Forest Grove, OR and nearby regions Type: Full-time Qualifications: M
- Albany, ORElevate Education as a School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) in Enchanting Albany, Oregon and Beyond! Are you ready to redefine the classroom experience? Join us on the journey to transform education through the power of speech and language. We're seeking a visionary School SLP to join our team and create a lasting impact in Albany, OR and its neighboring communities. Position: School Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Location: Albany, OR
- Hillsboro, ORA school district located near Hillsboro, Oregon has a position open for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP/SLPA). The district is looking to have the candidate work full time for the duration of the school year. Job Details: Full time hours (7:30am - 3:30pm) ASAP - June 16th, 2024 Elementary caseload, about 55 students The full school year School/Pediatric experience preferred Masters/Bachelors of Science degree OR license re
- Hillsboro, ORA school district located near Hillsboro, Oregon has a position open for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP). The district is looking to have the candidate work full time for the duration of the school year. Job Details: Full time hours (7:30am - 3:30pm) ASAP - June 16th, 2024 Elementary caseload, about 55 students The full school year School/Pediatric experience preferred Masters of Science degree OR license required or abilit
- Beaverton, ORJoin our team as a passionate School Speech Language Therapist (SLP) in Beaverton, OR, dedicated to enhancing students' communication skills. Job Description: Conduct assessments and develop individualized therapy plans for speech and language disorders. Deliver therapy services and monitor student progress. Collaborate with school staff and families to support student success. Requirements: Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Beaverton, ORSunbelt is looking to hire a qualified Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) for a full time job. This job will be for a local Elementary and Middle school near Beaverton, OR. We are currently interviewing to fill this position to start as soon as possible. Job Requirements: Active OR SLP license Experience in a school setting (Preferred) If interested in this Speech Language Pathologist Job near Lakeview, CA, apply! How to apply: Apply
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLPJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next speech therapy job.