School Based Speech Language Pathologist
School Speech Language Pathologist Job | Full-Time
ProCare Therapy is working with a client near Plattsburg, IN that is looking for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist for the upcoming school year. Speech Therapists must have ASHA CCC's. Please find additional details below.
- Collaborative environment
- Consult and direct services
- K-12 Caseload
- 5 days weekly
- Full school year
- Collaborative environment
1. Provide speech language pathology services including but are not limited to evaluations, involving formal and informal testing and observations, effective therapeutic intervention programs designed in accordance with educational plans, consultation with teachers, families and other professionals, develop supplementary speech and language activities and communication programs for families to use at home and to be used within the classroom setting.
2. Evaluate and re-assess children referred to speech language therapy, with written parental consent, in required time frames. Make appropriate referrals (occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychologist, social worker, etc.) as appropriate.
3. Participate as a contributing member of the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) and Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings, family conferences, etc. Develop IEP goals in collaboration with the team.
4. Implement individual speech language therapy programs to meet student’s IEP goals.
5. Complete written documentation including daily notes, monthly reports, and quarterly progress notes in accordance with school/program standards.
6. Work collaboratively as a team member with parents, caregivers, teachers and other professionals, in order to provide comprehensive speech language therapy services, to improve functioning of children in home and school environments.
7. Schedules speech language therapy services to schools, with flexibility allowed for attending IEP meetings, and other professional commitments. Keep school apprised of schedule and schedule changes.
8. Shares professional recommendations and information and conducts workshops/in-services with educators, para-educators, school administration, and families to facilitate the best educational environment for children.
9. Attends school and DIC staff meetings as required.
10. Orient and supervise speech language pathology students and Clinical Fellows, upon request.
11. Complete audiological screening when appropriate and/or makes referrals when necessary. Assist with identifying resources for obtaining audiological equipment if needed, (i.e. hearing aids).
12. Seek opportunities to expand knowledge of speech language pathology and related fields and demonstrates professional growth through participation in the continuing education process, in-services, keeping current with developments in the field through attendance at professional meetings, seminars and workshops and review of literature.
13. Keeps Director informed about work related information and service delivery issues.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- ASHA CCCs
- State Education Certificate
- Competitive compensation
- Matching 401k
- Flexible Scheduling
If interested, please apply, and contact me below:
Recent SLP Jobs
- Brookline , MA
- Columbia Heights, MN
- Orange, CA
- Gladstone, MO
- Independence, MO
- Mankato, MN
- Raytown, MO
- New Prague, MN
- Maplewood, MN
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLPJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next speech therapy job.