Full Time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Position in Palatine, IL
Soliant is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team near Palatine, IL. This is a school-based position, and the successful candidate will work closely with students to improve their speech and language skills. This position is for the full upcoming school year.
- Full -time
- Full upcoming school year
- Multiple openings, varying caseloads
- Conduct speech and language assessments to identify students' strengths and areas for improvement
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on each student's individual needs and goals
- School-based or pediatric experience preferred but not required
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions to improve articulation, language comprehension, and communication skills
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care for each student
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of therapy sessions, progress reports, and treatment plans
- Participate in meetings, trainings, and workshops to stay informed of the latest therapy techniques and best practices
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
- Active State Speech-Language Pathology License
- Previous school-based or pediatric experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of treatment approaches and modalities, including AAC, PROMPT, and social communication interventions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals, teachers, and parents
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks
Working as a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) can offer several advantages. Here are some key benefits:
Impacting Children's Lives: School-based SLPs have the opportunity to make a significant impact on children's lives by helping them overcome speech, language, and communication difficulties. You can play a vital role in improving their academic, social, and emotional development.
Regular Schedule: School-based SLPs typically work on a fixed schedule aligned with the school year, allowing for predictable work hours. This consistency can be beneficial for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Variety of Caseloads: School-based SLPs work with a diverse range of students, each with unique communication needs. This variety provides a rich and rewarding professional experience, as you get to work with children of different ages, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
School Holidays and Summers Off: One notable advantage of working in a school setting is the alignment with the academic calendar. School-based SLPs typically enjoy holidays and summer vacations, which can provide valuable time for personal pursuits, relaxation, and rejuvenation.
Continuity of Care: In a school-based setting, SLPs have the advantage of continuous contact with students over an extended period. This allows for long-term assessment, intervention, and progress monitoring, ensuring a holistic and consistent approach to therapy.
Professional Support Network: Schools often offer a supportive network of colleagues, including other SLPs, special educators, and related service providers. This network provides opportunities for collaboration, mentorship, and sharing best practices.
Advantages can vary depending on the specific school, district, and individual circumstances. Please reach out for more details on this specific opening! To be considered for this opportunity, kindly forward your resume to [email protected]. Interviews are presently being scheduled, so if you're interested, we encourage you to apply without delay!
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent SLP Jobs
- Glen Ellyn, ILSoliant Health is seeking a dedicated Speech Language Pathologist who is interested in working in a school setting in the Glen Ellyn, IL area. In this role, the SLP will be providing services for school age students ranging from grades K-12. Please see job details below. Job Description & Requirements: Upcoming 23/24 School Year Previous school experience preferred, but not required Must have active or pending state SLP license ASHA cert
- Waukegan, ILSoliant Health is seeking a dedicated Speech Language Pathologist who is interested in working in a school setting in the Waukegan, IL area. In this role, the SLP will be providing services for school age students ranging from grades K-12. Please see job details below. Job Description & Requirements: Upcoming 23/24 School Year Previous school experience preferred, but not required Must have active or pending state SLP license ASHA certif
- Madison, ILSchool Speech Language Pathologist - Contract Position ProCare Therapy has teamed up with an amazing school in the Madison, IL area and is looking for someone to join their team as an Speech Language Pathologist. Please see additional information about this opportunity below: Job Details: Full Time ASAP - End of School Year PreK and Kindergarten Caseload More details on interview! Onsite Qualifications: Masters Degree in Communic
- Madison, ILSpeech-Language Pathologist Are you looking for a great new opportunity? We have the job for you! ProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in the Madison, Illinois area looking for someone to join their team as an SLP for this school year. Job Details: Contract position Full Time (35 hours) 5 days a week 7:30am- 2:40pm Prek and K caseload Has Set Workplace Zoom Interview Qualificati
- Lees Creek, ILSunbelt Staffing is currently seeking: Full-time Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Location: near Lees Creek, LA. You will be partnering with students to develop and implement the proper individualized treatment plans. Job Responsibilities: Conduct comprehensive assessments and evaluations to determine speech and language disorders Develop and implement individualized treatment plans for patients, focusing on improving communication
- Naperville, ILSunbelt is hiring a contract Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) with guaranteed hours & benefits at a school district near Naperville, IL. Job Description: 23/24 school year Full time K-12th caseload with mild to moderate disabilities Direct & indirect services Requirements: Active IL SLP License (or eligibility to obtain licensure) Pediatrics experience preferred, but not required Interested in this opportunity, or s
- Maryville, ILAre you a Speech-Language Pathologist wanting a change of scenery for the rest of the 2023-2024 schoolyear? We have a full-time position with a school district located in a tight-knit community. You would be dealing with a K-5th grade caseload. Please reach out to me if you are or somebody you know is interested in this position after scanning through the details below! Job Details: Onsite near the Maryville, Illinois area Start AS
- Madison, ILProCare Therapy has partnered up with a school district in Madison, IL that is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) for the rest of the 2023-2024 school year. Please read through the requirements/details to see if this position will be a good fit for you. Qualifications- IL SLP license required Master's Degree in SLP required Previous experience in schools preferred but not required Compensation- Hourly rate st
- Aurora, ILExciting Opportunity for a Virtual Speech-Language Pathologist in Illinois! Are you an experienced and dedicated Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) seeking a dynamic virtual position for the school year? Look no further! A renowned school in Illinois is seeking a qualified SLP to join their team remotely. Position: Virtual Speech-Language Pathologist Location: Illinois (Remote) Type: Full-time, Independent Contractor Benefits: Competitive hourly
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLPJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next speech therapy job.