Full-time School SLPA Job in San Jose, California
Full-time California Speech Language Pathologist Assistant Job
ProCare Therapy has partnered with an awesome School District near San Jose that is looking for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist for the school year. Please see additional details about this opportunity below:
- Onsite position
- Full-time hours
- Upcoming school year
- K-12th grade
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- General SLPA duties
- Administers comprehensive clinical services to patients; provides testing, analyses, and evaluations of seriously ill patients or those having complex medical problems and formulates a treatment plan which is consistent with the patient's needs.
- Assists in supervising staff and students and in developing in-service training programs for continuing staff development.
- Communicates regularly with members of the patient care team, the patient, family members and others involved with the patient's care.
- Responds to requests for professional information or advice and refers complex matters to the appropriate staff.
- Instructs and trains patient and family regarding pertinent aspects of the patient's care.
- Assesses the patient to provide a diagnosis and to identify problems.
- Plans treatment schedules to ensure optimal use of staff and equipment in providing high quality patient services.
- Plans, develops and implements a result-oriented treatment plan responsive to the individualized needs of the patient and includes clear, measurable goals.
- Modifies the treatment plan according to the patient's responses.
- Provides direct student care; performs specialized treatments according to the student's individualized plan of care.
Collaborates with other members of the patient care team and uses community resources to plan for the continued care, support and follow-up of the student.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments. Follows established protocols for documentation specific to the program/setting.
- Accurately records daily charges for services rendered.
- Practices organizational and universal standards for sterile technique and infection control in carrying out daily responsibilities including the proper cleaning and sterilization of work surfaces, equipment and instruments.
- Conducts in-service programs, provides other staff with training and serves as a clinical instructor to students.
- Attends team conferences to promote an interdisciplinary approach to patient care; works cooperatively with other team members to maintain consistency in the provision of high quality, results oriented services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Current SLPA Certificate
- State Education Certificate
- Compensation for direct and indirect services
- Flexible scheduling
Contact me to learn more about this excellent opportunity. You can also email me your resume to expedite the hiring process. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Director of Educational Resources
Recent SLP Jobs
- Bossier City, LA
- Minden, LA
- Shreveport, LA
- Avon Park, FL
- East Chicago, IL
- Columbia , TN
- Torrance, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on SLPJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next speech therapy job.